After 4 years:
Apparently, there’s this new trend going on in WordPress. Bloggers writing to their old self and telling them a recap about what happened in their lives. As redundant and cliche as it sounds, I decided to spice it up a bit. Instead of writing to my younger version, I want to talk to the future me. Yep. So now I guess I pick the age. Well.. I pick 24.
To my dearest 24- year old self,
Nice to meet you! I’ve never met you before and I don’t know how you are like. All I can do is to assume what you are like. I am your 20 year old version and I am currently still in college. I do hope that you and I are reading this somewhere in 2014. Somewhere… pleasant and I hope with someone that we are both currently happy with.
You will look back at this point in time when I was writing this to you: bored out of my mind, tired and exhausted from work, but thrilled of the unknown. I want to assume what you are like, instead of telling you a recap of what happened to us. I expect that your memory is still sharp, so reminiscing from the years I remember wouldn’t be necessary. I just need to know the future that is ahead of me.
Here goes my list of questions and hopefully, you will still remember this blog post (and this blog) and you will answer to my questions through a form of a letter.
1. How’s life treating you?
2. Did you decide to change your major or did you pursue Nursing? Do you like it so far?
3. Are you on our lovely couch, in our own home reading this post? What’s our place like?
4. How’s mom and dad? How’s the rest of the family?
5. The World Cup is on this year! Last July, I watched Spain beat Netherlands with Beppe and Alberto. Didn’t you say you were going to Brazil to watch it live?
6. Speaking of Beppe, are you still talking to him? Did you end up visiting him in Italy? Tell me the entire story.
7. What are you like at 24? Did you finally have the courage to cut your hair short?
8. Did you lose weight or did you gain weight?
9. Is the world still spinning? We both know that we are afraid of zombies… so has the world been dominated by zombies yet?
10. Are you addicted to smoking? I started smoking a few days ago and I’ve grown quite addicted to it. Did we quit?
11. Tell me anything that I do not know. Write me at least two pages!
I’m thrilled to meet 21 soon. I can’t wait to meet you when I turn 24 🙂
Don’t forget about this letter!
Your not-so perfect-self :